Downing St. Memo: The Administration's View

Thursday, June 16, 2005

White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan gave a press briefing today. During the brief one reporter asked Mr. McClellan:
"Has the President or anyone else from the administration responded to the letter sent last month by Congressman John Conyers and signed by dozens of members of the House of Representatives, (hate to correct the reporter here but it was 112 members of Congress that signed the letter along with 550,000 citizens) regarding the Downing Street memo? Has the President or anyone else responded?" The answer was classic republican deflect and divert, after responding no, the reporter followed up by asking "why not?" To this Mr. McClellan responded: "Why not? Because I think that this is an idividual who voted against the war in the first place and is simply trying to rehash old debates that have already been addressed. And our focus in not on the past. It's on the future and working to make sure we succeed in Iraq. These matters have been addressed, Elaine. I think you know that very well."
That's it in a nutshell, we don't talk about the lies we were told before going to war in Iraq because it is "old news". Tell that to the people who are dying in Iraq everyday, I bet they would disagree.

1 comments:

josh williams said...

I haven't any right to criticise books, and I don't do it except when I hate them. I often want to criticise Jane Austen, but her books madden me so that I can't conceal my frenzy from the reader; and therefore I have to stop every time I begin. Everytime I read 'Pride and Prejudice' I want to dig her up and beat her over the skull with her own shin-bone.
- Letter to Joseph Twichell, 9/13/1898
Mark Twain

 
 
 
 
Copyright © Outside The Box